CBD’s health benefits associated with the endocannabinoid system has made it popular among patients struggling with medical conditions. However, there are hardly any proper guidelines regarding CBD product dosage. However, CBD dosage depends on your –
- Consuming method
- Weight and size
- Medical condition
- The purpose or expected results
Many people take steps to self-treat, but are concerned about where to buy CBD products, what dosage to take, and even how to consume CBD oil.
What you need to know about CBD?
- CBD is a natural herb but must not be regarded as an alternative for conventional medication.
- CBD derived from the hemp plant is safe and risk-free.
- The CBD product you choose needs to be organic, completely GMO-free, and lab-tested.
- First time CBD users must never drive or operate heavy machinery until they are confident about their dosage.
- CBD can trigger interactions with specific medications like antidepressants and blood thinners, so consult your doctor.
- Remember CBDs’ potential benefits are still to be researched, so you can try it without any expectations of a miracle cure.
What is CBD-infused products good for?
Choose the best CBD gummies to get relieved from chronic inflammation, acne, weight loss, migraine, blood pressure, insomnia, epilepsy, glaucoma, muscle spasms, anorexia, anxiety, and depression.
What is the safe dosage level of CBD oil?
Several brands recommend standardized dosage like eat 2 CBD gummies daily or take one drop sublingually. It is not proper to give a single dosage recommendation because concentration differs widely, medical conditions vary from mild to severe, and the ECS receptors of two people cannot absorb the same CBD amount.
The most efficient way to figure an ideal CBD dosage is to aim for 1mg to 5 mg per 5kg of your body weight. It means a person weighing 70kg may start with 13 mg per day and increase 2 to 3 mg slowly till they discover the expected relief.
Many doctors’ direct patients to a state-licensed dispensary, where they can purchase cannabis products legally. The dispensary has budtenders, who are experts in every detail related to cannabis ranging from strains to dosage.
Can you overdose on CBD?
There is still no evidence of lethal CBD dose. People have been found using 1500 mg per day without any repercussions. So, you can stop worrying about overdose, right now!
However, some mild side effects related to overdose have been experienced like dry mouth, low blood pressure, drowsiness, and dizziness. Therefore, it is better to start slow and make adjustments until an ideal CBD dose is found.
The golden rule is to start low on CBD and increase dosage gently!
Can CBD oil cause addiction?
No, CBD does not exhibit physically addictive qualities of any kind. It does not cause dependency, cravings, withdrawals, or any addiction symptoms. However, it can trigger psychological addiction or habit-forming. This is a normal habit like workouts, food, and sex.
The concern starts when you consistently use excessive CBD amount for a long time. Nonetheless, you will have to struggle with the addiction symptoms mentioned above.